With our HawkeyePedershaab and BFS testing and process line equipment for concrete pipe, Afinitas is finding even more ways to assist you in producing consistently high-quality concrete products. Our automatic testing and processing lines are typically integrated into a fully-automatic HawkeyePedershaab or BFS production system but are also available as a stand-alone off-line process.
Afinitas offers several automatic, quality-control check systems, including vacuum testing systems. Vacuum testers are complete with an electrically-powered rotary screw vacuum pump and reservoir tank. Horizontal testers include two bulkheads coated with closed-cell neoprene for sealing the pipe ends. Vacuum is drawn to a preset value and held for a preset time. Pressure is monitored during the test cycle. If the product passes the vacuum test, the bulkheads automatically release. If the product does not pass, an alarm sounds. Models are available for testing manholes and concrete pipe in diameters up to 72”.
- Powerful rotary screw vacuum pump is capable of quickly pulling a vacuum of 24mm Hg
- Quick vacuum pull allows for cycle times of less than one minute, preventing vacuum testing from becoming a factory bottleneck
- Can be combined with outside printing system
The most fool-proof quality control check one can make of their produced pipe is a true hydrostatic pressure test. Afinitas offers in-line and off-line hydrostatic testing stations designed to quickly fill concrete pipe with water to a pressure of 1 bar (14.5 psi). The equipment then quickly dumps the water, recycling it through a large holding tank for use on the next pipe, and sends the pipe on its way. When used in on-line applications, our hydrostatic testers are outfitted with a powerful pump and air bleeding valves in order to quickly fill and empty the pipe of water, preventing hydrostatic testing from being a crucial plant bottleneck.
- Powerful pumps and air bleeding valves for fast fill and empty capabilities
- Improve pipe quality control through sure-fire hydrostatic testing method
- Water reclamation and recycling system to prevent excess use of water
Spigot and Bell Measuring
At Afinitas we feel it is our job to ensure the quality of your pipe and one of the ways we do this is by producing advanced quality-control devices such as our HawkeyePedershaab and BFS spigot and bell measuring equipment. Positioned along the horizontal pipe outfeed line, the spigot and bell measuring devices take multiple readings along the periphery of the pipe joints, accurate to less than 0.1mm, measuring both diameter and roundness, and stores this data for generating quality control and statistical reports, which can even be printed on the pipe. As an added benefit, the spigot and bell measuring device can be outfitted in conjunction with an outside printing system.
- Accurate measuring system, able to measure spigot and bell diameter and roundness within 0.1mm
- Able to be placed in-line or off-line of an automatic testing line
- Automatically adjusts to all pipe sizes
- Able to be outfitted with optional outside printing system